Friday, August 14, 2009

Escaping Dath

I had a dream

I was on the street in San Marcos where I spent most of my childhood. It was night time. I was at the house across the street looking out the window at my old house. Sometimes in my dreams about this place I am a child but in this dream I was an adult. Somehow the knowledge comes to me that there is a killer prowling the neighborhood. The people must be saved. I begin to sneak around and gather people up and take them to the house where I am hiding.

The killer is deceptive. I catch glimpse of him while hiding behind a bush. He is not human, he is the sillouhette of a human form but he is dark, and there is no light or any aspect of color. He is shadow but he is solid. He seems to be facing me but I can't tell if he sees me because his eyes are indistinguishable in the obscurity of his being. I am frightened because I can't tell if he has discovered me. He stands on the sidewalk of my old house, just staring out in my direction. I am terrified. Everything in me wants to run but I can't move in the off chance that he has not actually seen me yet.

The dream changes. It is very cold and there is snow on the ground. I am freezing but still afraid to move. I think I am going to die out there in the cold on the ground. I hear sirens in the distance and realize that an ambulance is coming. I get up from the ground, I think it's going to be ok now! I can gather up the people hiding in the house, and we can all escape in this ambulance! I come out from where I am hiding and look down the road as the ambulance turns onto my street. Just in time I see that the driver of the ambulance is the shadowed killer, and NOT here to save anyone. He means to deceive us all into believing that he is salvation, but he is death. I throw myself back onto the ground just as he passes. He doesn't see me, but drives on down the street with his siren and lights on, looking for victims to trick into getting into the ambulance with the hopes of being saved. The ambulance makes a block, comes back up the road and parks in the driveway of my old house. The killer goes into my house.

I jump up from where I am hiding and run into the house. They have all seen the ambulance and want to go get into it and be saved. I am able to tell them that the ambulance they saw is not salvation, it is death trying to deceive them. I am relieved when they believe me and stay in the house. But we still have to escape, because sooner or later he is going to grow bored and try to come find us. I know we can't hide forever and I need to save these people. I send all of the children upstairs and watch out the front kitchen window, desperately trying to figure out what I should do.

Finally I decide that my best option is to just make a run for the ambulance and try to take it for myself, pile the people up in it as fast as I can, and speed away. I am so scared, I can taste the fear. But my only other option is to just sit here and wait for him to come kill us all. So, I run out of the house, run across the street, open the ambulance door, and jump inside. Somehow he left the keys in the ignition.

For a moment I am surprised and confused, but when I start the engine and look up to begin driving, I realize he left them there intentionally, to draw me out, and now, as I back out of the drive way, he opens the front door and begins walking towards me.

True to form as a killer, he moves slowly and with deliberation, one step at a time, down the sidewalk, towards me.

I back the ambulance into the street and turn it around. He continues walking, unflinching, stepping off of the sidwalk into the street.

I pull into the driveway of the house where the children are. He begins crossing the street. I pull into the garage, screaming and blasting the ambulance horn. The children come running out of the house.

He has reached the middle of the street and is still approaching.

I don't have time to open the back door of the ambulance. I jump down and begin lifting them into the vehicle as fast as I can without hurting them.

He has crossed the street, and steps onto the driveway.

I get the last child into the ambulance and jump inside.

He is RIGHT BEHIND THE AMBULANCE....

I am convinced he is about to rip the back doors off and start tearing apart these poor children, I slam the door and put it in reverse. I back over him. He somehow grabs the back bumper and hangs on. I back into the street, slam on the brakes, and he loses his grip, falling into the street. Just in time. I speed away down the street. As I am driving away I look in the side view mirrorI see him pull himself off of the pavement and stare at me as I drive away. I feel I have escaped death... for now. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment