Monday, June 22, 2009

It's more than enough :)

2 Corinthians 12:1 "I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord."

God is so wonderful, in the midst of my thoughts and ponderings this evening, it hit me. Isn't the Holy Spirit so cool like that sometimes? I know the scripture, I just forget to apply it sometimes. It is a good thing I have one who is always interceding for me!!

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

It's brilliant, really. Let me not forget that it is not ME who gave me these talents, and PRAISE GOD for these shortcomings and difficulties, I can be genuinely GREATFUL for the way He has made me, may God receive all honor and glory and praise for this temple He has given me to reside in! Isn't it beautiful, that He actually DELIGHTS in my weaknesses, and even better, that His power can be more greatly portrayed through us as a result? I think this concept is just beyond awesome. I am so in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment